•DIY Chocolate Body Butter•
This delectably scented body butter needs no introduction nor explanation. We were completely sold on the fact that a. it’s the closest thing you’ll ever get to smothering yourself in pure Nutella (minus the stickiness, of course) and b. it’s packed with amazing ingredients famed for softening and moisturising skin.
With a power combo of deeply moisturising shea butter and skin-softening coconut oil, it’s a dream come true for all those with extremely dry skin (and serious chocolate cravings). Also perfect if you’re planning on dressing up as a chocolate bar this year, but we digress…
- 50g shea butter
- 50g coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder
How to make:
1. Place the shea butter and coconut oil in a small bowl.
2. Boil some hot water, and pour into a slightly larger bowl until quarter-full.
3. Place the smaller bowl into the bain marie, wait until the oils have melted, then remove it from the hot water and mix well.
4. Add the cocoa powder and mix well. Refrigerate for around 10 minutes, then hand whisk slightly to create a whipped butter effect.
5. Store in a cool, dry place, and use as quickly as possible. Enjoy!
– Jennie Lim